The crew of the yacht "Apostol Andrey".
The idea of the sailing belongs to Nikolay Litau.
Nikolay Litau and Arkady Gershuni were the managers of the
yacht construction. At the beginning of 1996 four new members
were invited in the crew: Alexander Kireev, Igor Baldin, Vladimir
Kireev and Victor Murashov, which actively took part in the
construction. These six men and also Alexander Golubev, a
physician, made the first crew of the yacht "Apostol Andrey".
During different stages of the route the number of the crewmembers
varied from five to seven people.
Totally thirteen yachtsmen took part in this voyage. Nikolay
Litau, Arkady Gershuni and Alexander Kireev have passed the
whole route. Alexander Levin joined the crew in Cape Town,
Roman Smirnykh – in Pertropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, Sergey Pisarev
and Konstantin Gramotnev – in Tiksy.
- Nikolay A. Litau, Skipper of the yacht "Apostlol
Andrey" 44, Moscow, yacht captain;
- Arkady I. Gershuni, Senior mate 48, Moscow, yacht
- Alexander A. Kireev, Second mate 40, Balashikha,
Moscow region, yacht captain; (he was the captain of the
yacht along the route Tver – Moscow – St.Petersburg).
- Alexander B. Levin, Doctor 51, Moscow, day skipper;
- Roman A. Smirnykh, Boatswain 39, Voronesh; coastal
- Sergey V. Pisarev, Seaman 46, Tver, yacht captain;
- Konstantin V. Gramotnev, Seaman 44, Moscow; coastal