The History of the Youth
The important and unprecedented
event in the world of the Arctic explorations took place on
March 14, 2008: the Russian flag was hoisted at the North
Pole in honour of the completing of the unprecedented and
heroic 84-day ski expedition during the polar night from the
shores of Russia to the North Pole. Matvey Shparo and Boris
Smolin passed one thousand kilometer way along the drifting
ice during the polar night.
In the course of their crossing the explorers suggested to
carry out the first in the world Youth Expedition "On
skis – to the North Pole!" from the Russian drifting
Station Barneo to the North Pole. Under support of the Ministry
of Sport, Tourism and Youth Politics of the Russian Federation
the Expedition was organized two times: in spring 2008 and
The team 2008 included:
- Stepan Shevertalov, 16, Novocheboksarsk, Republic
- Elja Matrosov, 17, Konchezero village, Kondopozhsky
region, Republic of Karelia.
- Vener Samarbaev, 17, Kolchurovo village, Baimaksky
region, Republic of Bashkortostan.
- Valeria Zhidkova, 17, Severodvinsk, Arkhangelskaia
- Marina Fidler, 18, Novosibirsk.
- Anastasia Mukhgaleeva, 16, Krasnoyarsk.
- Mikhail Bulaev, 16, Ryazan.
The team 2009:
- Vladimir Dzekunov, 16, Moscow.
- Tatyana Kuznetsova, 16, Ruzaevka, Republic of Mordovia.
- Nadezhda Kurilenok, 17, Pechory, Pskovskaia oblast.
- Sergey Lomov, 17, Cheboksary, Republic of Chuvashia.
- Polina Merkushova, 16, Moscow.
- Anatoly Puchkov, 18, Tomsk.
- Elisey Tretyakov, 16, Glinskoye village, Sverdlovskaia
The team 2010:
- Elja Blyum, 17, Cherepovets, Vologodskaia oblast;
- Anna Karpova, 17, Novocheboksarsk, Chuvashia;
- Eldar Kashaev,18, Kusnetsk, Pensenskaia oblast;
- Elja Knyazev, 16, Balezino settlement, Udmurdia;
- Maya Nizamutdinova, 18, Komsomolsk na Amure;
- Okasana Platonova,17, Duminichi settlement; Kaluzhskaia
- Svetlana Upyrkina, 16, Moscow.
Also see YouTube.com: